Monday, May 16, 2016

Self portrait.





The poetry prompt for this week from poets on the page.

http://poetsonthepage.blogspot.com/

Choose a self portrait and write a poem about it.

This is a self portrait of Eileen Agar, I choose this portrait because it stood out to me. I don't know anything about this artist, I choose not to look anything up about her or this painting because I wanted the poem to be my own thoughts and feelings about the portrait. 

I will sit here, quiet, reserved
keeping still all my words.
For if I showed my true emotions,
I would cause a commotion.

You think I'm stuck up, you think I'm shy,
But inside I laugh, inside I cry.
I want to chit chat as soul mates,
I want to dance, til night is late. 

You think me boring and blase',
that there is nothing of interest for me to say,
you think what you get ,is what you see,
but you don't the rebel spirit that lurks inside of me.

I am tired of being good,
and doing what a lady should.
I want to give in to my desires,
to burn you with my inner fire.



6 comments:

  1. I love your poem and the things you see in the portrait. I'm unfamiliar with this artist and will give in to my temptation to look her up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poem and the things you see in the portrait. I'm unfamiliar with this artist and will give in to my temptation to look her up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I should get around to doing the same thing. It will be interesting to learn about the artist.

      Delete
  3. Great poem and reflects the portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Well done. It's inspired me to search for a self portrait to respond to .

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete